What are Dental Sealants?
Dental sealants are a protective layer of a resin material that hardens once applied over the surface of your teeth. These kinds of sealants can serve many purposes, including:
- Strengthening weakened enamel
- Hiding discolorations
- Preventing dental decay and damage
Dental sealants can come in a variety of colors, allowing our team to match the color to your healthy teeth for a more natural final appearance. Sealants can also come in a clear color as well!
Who Needs Dental Sealants?
Dental sealants are for everyone!
If you visited the dentist as a child, chances are you likely received dental sealants to help protect your baby teeth and promote the growth of healthy adult teeth. Dental sealants are commonly used as a preventative and strengthening measure for children’s teeth.
However, adults can also regularly receive dental sealants, especially following fillings and abrasions that weaken the enamel of the tooth.
Dental sealants are designed to be long-lasting but can become prematurely worn down if you eat too many acidic foods, chew ice, or fail to practice regular dental hygiene.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
- Durable: Quality dental sealants can last for upwards of 10 years!
- Cost-Effective: Sealants can help prevent decay and damage, ultimately saving you more money in the long run.
- Protection: Dental sealants help to protect even your hardest-to-reach teeth that may not get the same amount of hygienic care at home.
Smile Crafters is always accepting new patients in Clermont and the surrounding areas. To learn more about dental sealants or any of our other services, give our team a call to schedule your appointment today!